Using the Turbotax Free Edition Past The Standard Tax Season

Turbotax screenshotMost of us work on our taxes at the last minute and find it hard to get them completed by the due date. For many reasons, it is best to complete your taxes on time whenever possible. Fortunately, most individuals only need to deal with the tax headache once a year, when tax season comes along. However, did you know that there can be a number of valid reasons why it might make sense to use tax services or the Turbotax free edition (available from Free Trial Spot) even when it is not tax season? Below, we list a few reasons why you might do this.

If you owe taxes, you will have to send the payment during the month of April before the deadline. But did you know that you can actually file an extension to submit your tax forms? . In fact, an extension will buy you six extra months to complete your tax return. The way to request an extension is by filling out the IRS form 4868. Extensions are given out automatically to those who complete the form. If you use Turbotax, you will be able to file this extension within the program. If this sounds like something you’d like to do, go to the following site to get the Free Edition of Turbotax.

Last but not least, you might find yourself utilizing Turbotax to file amendments to your tax returns. There can be many reasons why an amendment can be necessary, such as correcting previous errors. Other reasons you might need to file an amendment include receiving corrected W-2s, additional 1099 forms that you receive late, or deductions you may have forgotten to take. Fortunately, amendments are pretty easy and straightforward to file. In most cases, you can submit amendments up to 2 or 3 years after the original tax return was filed. If you have not used a tax service in the past, you may want them to review older returns to see if you overlooked any deductions. If you already own Turbotax, you can generally submit an amended return using Turbotax free. Amended returns are only accepted in hard copy form, so you will have to print and mail them instead of filing them electronically. If you have a refund coming, you will usually receive it in about two or three months.

Comments are closed.